Schlage L Series Full Catalog
LSeries Mounting Plate
Changing Lock Hand
Only two simple steps are required to change the hand of any L-Series lock. Rotate the latch unit 180° and change the catch screw position.
A. Change Latchbolt Handing
Remove armor front. Pull latchbolt away from chassis and rotate complete unit 180° to reverse the door handing. Reinstall armor front.
B. Change Chassis Handing
Remove catch screw from one side of chassis and install on opposite side. For RH and RRB, the catch screw will be on the lock case side. For LH and LRB, the catch screw will be on the lock case cover.
Applications: For commercial and institutional buildings where the finest in mortise locks are required.
Certifications: L9000: ANSI A156.13 Series 1000,Grade 1 Operational and Security, UL Listed for 3-hour fire door (except L9076 and L9077). With interchangeable core cylinders: Grade 2 Security.
The Right Lock for Every Application
Schlage L9000 Series
Our L9000 Series locks are ideal for use in
schools, hospitals and factories, where the
finest hardware must also deliver consistent,
dependable operation and stand up to
constant use and abuse.
Strength and Durability
1. Fully wrapped heavy-gauge steel case protects
against door edge attacks
2. All-metal zinc dichromate-plated working parts
3. Inside lock case protects electronic components
4. Two-piece anti-friction tongue reduces wear and tear
5. Outside and inside trim thru-bolted together and
through the door
Security Built In
6. Break-away spindle prevents unsecured failures
and provides easy spindle replacement
7. Hub blocking plate protects lock against spindle
8. Spring-loaded fusible link provides fail secure
mode in case of fire
9. Inside lever applied by screwless shank mounting
no exposed trim mount screws
Adaptable To Your Application
10. Universal lock case ten functions in one case
11. Floating mounting tabs automatically adjust to
fit a beveled door edge
12. Field-reversible handing without opening lock case
13. External spring cages allow for simple trim retrofit
14. Locking thumbturn on the inside of door visually
shows when the door is locked and unlocked
15. Lever rotation in both directions (up and down)
for ease of use
16. Independent lever rotation